Your shopping bag is empty
Fight Acne with Raw Honey
Do you know that honey is a natural cosmetic product which tackles acne and moisturises your skin?
Here are 5 beauty facts about honey that you absolutely need to know!
- Honey acts as natural antibiotic which kills bacteria-causing acne. The natural probiotic and antibacterial properties of raw honey effectively reduce breakouts and prevent new acne formation.
- Honey has an osmotic effect; it absorbs water in the wound and releases hydrogen peroxide, a great antiseptic which kills bacteria and clears acne.
- Honey’s acidity prevents bacteria growth and anti-inflammatory properties reduce redness associated with acne.
- Honey removes excess oil and leaves skin smooth and moisturised.
- Honey is rich in natural antioxidants which prevent damage caused by free radicals.
We love to use honey either as a mask or scrub, applied directly to the affected area or your skin. It is however important that you use raw honey for these beauty treatments to and not liquid honey you find in the supermarkets. Check out our online range of raw honey for your pampering DIY beauty treatments!
We have always been asked the question,"In terms of Manuka Honey vs regular honey for acne, which is better?" To that question, our straightforward answer would be that it depends on the individual's financial budget. Manuka, well known for its high anti-bacterial properties and that it is highly regulated for quality, is always a better choice than most "table honeys".
Honey Olive Oil Acne Treatment
- Take a tablespoon of raw honey
- Add a teaspoon of olive oil to it and mix it well
- Massage it into your skin focusing on the acne scars for three to five minutes
- After massaging, place a warm wash cloth over your face and let it cool for some time.
- Once your cloth was cooled then use it to wipe your face and other acne-affected parts of your skin
- The remedy has to be continued regularly to tackle acne scars.
We will be sharing more beauty tips so watch the space!
LEAVE A REPLY
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *