Your shopping bag is empty
Where Can You Get Raw Honey in Singapore?
There are a few sources to find Raw Honey in Singapore.
1. The Famous Beekeeper in Singapore
From our research, there is a prominent beekeeper in Singapore that does both bee rescue and production of raw honey
Why Urban Beekeeping is Not Easy
- Due to limited land, it is not easy to find enough open area to position your beehives. Hence you can seldom find locals producing honey in Singapore.
Access to Flowers
- Bees love flowers. They collect nectar from flowers and transform them into delicious honey for their own (and human consumption). Hence, to position bee hives, it is critical to place them near their food source (relatively large areas of flowers). Finding natural flower beds is not easy in Singapore.
- Not all neighbours have a positive attitude towards bees, especially when they have small kids in their household. For instance, it might be a challenge to convince your neighbours your bees “do not sting”, unless provoked. This is because bees, as tame as they can be, can be aggressive if they feel threatened by anyone.
- You need to get approval for beekeeping and produce honey in Singapore.
What is Raw Honey
Most governments do not officially require producers to label honey as “raw”, but people generally know that raw honey is in the form as it did in the hive. This implies that it is not being filtered or pasteurized. (Honey marketed as unpasteurized may or may not be filtered.)
Raw honey comes directly from the beehives and goes through minimal processing. Honey producers take honey from the honeycomb. As such, this type of honey can also be called raw unfiltered honey.
Most honey sold as raw honey in Tasmania is minimally processed bee honey that maintains all the natural goodness of honey. To the delight of our customers, we are currently selling Tasmanian raw honey in Singapore.
Raw honey contains flecks of pollen, royal jelly, propolis and small particles of wax suspended in a viscous honey liquid; and is not adulterated by the addition of other ingredients or substances, or the removal of components beneficial to people.
Hence, the minimal processing of raw honey ensures it still contains all the valuable natural properties of real bee honey, including the health benefits of this delicious, nutritious food created by nature.
Why Raw Honey
Raw honey’s nutrition content varies by its origin and other factors.
Generally, one tablespoon or 21 grams of raw honey contains 64 calories and 17 grams of sugar. In addition, raw honey contains smaller amounts of the following micronutrients (or, vitamins and minerals):
- pantothenic acid
2. Another Reliable Source of Raw Honey in Singapore
If you feel that you need a fuss-free delivery of Australian honey, try our Tasmanian Honey collection here.
Famous for its authentic and nutritiously raw honey, Tasmania offers one of the most unique and delicious honey one can find -- the Leatherwood Honey.
If you have heard of and tried Manuka Honey, you would know its unique benefits as well.
We have an whole article on how to choose Manuka Honey here.
LEAVE A REPLY
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *