Sore throats are caused by viral and bacterial infections. All of us have experienced the discomfort of a sore throat but many people don’t know that you can treat it with naturally and effectively with raw honey.
So how does raw honey heal sore throats?
- Honey acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and reduces swelling and inflammation.
- It soothes irritated skin, glands, and mucus membranes inside the throat.
- It contains an enzyme called glucoseoxidase, which fights bacteria and kills infections.
- One of the important health benefits of honey lies in its natural anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties that gives relief from sore throat.
- Honey acts as a hypertonic osmotic, helps to draw excess fluid out of inflamed tissues and relieves pain.
So how do you use honey to treat sore throat?
Simply eat a tablespoon of raw honey once in the morning and once in the night and you will feel the soothing effect almost immediately.
An effective home remedy would be the combination of raw honey, lemon and ginger.
- Crush or blend 3-inch ginger root, then squeeze it to extract juice.
- Mix ginger juice and 3 tablespoons each of raw honey and lemon juice. Lemon juice is anti-microbial and contains vitamin C.
- Consume a few times a day or whenever your throat is irritated.
Go on, it is worth the try!
Get Your Anti-oxidants Swiftly with Leatherwood Honey!
Honey is now known to have high levels of anti-oxidants that are known for their anti-ageing and anti-inflammatory pr...
Natural Energy Booster
Eating raw honey is an all-natural way to boost energy. Studies at the University of Memphis Exercise and Sports Nut...
YES CHRISTMAS GIFT IDEAS 2017
Are you racking your brains over what to get for your loved ones this Christmas? At YES, we love gifts that taste goo...