Your shopping bag is empty
How Does Raw Honey Heal Sore Throat?
How Does Honey Heal Sore Throat?
Causes of Sore Throats
Viral and bacterial infections cause sore throats. In this period of coronavirus pandemic, medical experts do observe that virus is the number 1 cause of sore throats.
Some of the more serious causes of it include tonsillitis, strep throat, and mononucleosis (mono).
If your sore throat is cause by the flu, your doctor may prescribe antiviral medicine. In addition, most sore throats caused by a cold or flu-type virus go away in a week to 10 days.
Do you know you can treat symptoms of this uncomfortable effects with raw honey?
Honey as a Medical Treatment
Honey has been highly regarded since ancient times for its health and therapeutic abilities. Also, it has been the focus of much medical research, including a in the scientific journal Molecules recognizing honey’s:
- antioxidant properties
- anti-inflammatory properties
- antimicrobial capacity
- anticancer activity
- antiviral properties
- antifungal properties
- antidiabetic properties
Honey is also used to dress wounds. According to a medical finding when compared with conventional treatments, it has almost equal or slightly superior effects for superficial partial thickness burns and acute wounds.
How Does Raw Honey Heal?
- Honey acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and reduces swelling and inflammation.
- It soothes irritated skin, glands, and mucus membranes inside the throat.
- It contains an enzyme called glucoseoxidase, which fights bacteria and kills infections.
- One of the important health benefits of honey lies in its natural anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties that gives relief from sore throat.
- Honey acts as a hypertonic osmotic, helps to draw excess fluid out of inflamed tissues and relieves pain.
Simply eat a tablespoon of raw honey once in the morning and once in the night and you will feel the soothing effect almost immediately. To see and sustain the results, it is important to do this regularly.
Finally, an effective home remedy would be the combination of raw honey, lemon and ginger.
- Crush or blend 3-inch ginger root, then squeeze it to extract juice.
- Mix ginger juice and 3 tablespoons each of raw honey and lemon juice. Lemon juice is anti-microbial and contains vitamin C.
- Consume a few times a day or whenever your throat is irritated.
Go on, it is worth the try!
LEAVE A REPLY
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *