Sore throats are caused by viral and bacterial infections. All of us have experienced the discomfort of a sore throat but many people don’t know that you can treat it with naturally and effectively with raw honey.
So how does raw honey heal sore throats?
- Honey acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and reduces swelling and inflammation.
- It soothes irritated skin, glands, and mucus membranes inside the throat.
- It contains an enzyme called glucoseoxidase, which fights bacteria and kills infections.
- One of the important health benefits of honey lies in its natural anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties that gives relief from sore throat.
- Honey acts as a hypertonic osmotic, helps to draw excess fluid out of inflamed tissues and relieves pain.
So how do you use honey to treat sore throat?
Simply eat a tablespoon of raw honey once in the morning and once in the night and you will feel the soothing effect almost immediately.
An effective home remedy would be the combination of raw honey, lemon and ginger.
- Crush or blend 3-inch ginger root, then squeeze it to extract juice.
- Mix ginger juice and 3 tablespoons each of raw honey and lemon juice. Lemon juice is anti-microbial and contains vitamin C.
- Consume a few times a day or whenever your throat is irritated.
Go on, it is worth the try!
Why You Should Take VegeBuddies
VegeBuddies is Our Answer to those who feel that they don't have time to eat fruits and vegetables! Packed with vario...
Winter in Tasmania for Humans and Bees
A beautiful article written by our dear Yvonne Gluyas (Launceston, Tasmania): Bees love winter! Well, maybe not as mu...
All The Reasons Why You Should Go Organic
Special Article Contributed by Jennifer Dawson: It goes without saying that pure, organic products have more health b...