Your shopping bag is empty
6 Benefits of Manuka Honey and How To Choose It
In this article, we want to explore the 6 benefits of the famous Manuka Honey.
What is Manuka Honey
Manuka Honey is produced in Australia and New Zealand by bees that pollinate the native leptospermum scoparium bush (also commonly known as a tea tree). Many locals claim it can treat wound infections and other conditions.
Why is It Popular
In general, people use honey treat multiple conditions since ancient times. In addition, during 19th century, honey researchers started to discover that honey has natural antibacterial qualities.
Honey generally protects the body against damage caused by bacteria. Some honeys also boost production of special cells that can repair tissue damaged by infection. For example, Manuka honey has an anti-inflammatory action that can help ease pain and inflammation.
It was due to this discovery that made Manuka Honey as one of the most popular honey in the world.
6 Benefits of Manuka Honey
The following are 6 known benefits of Manuka Honey. This list is not exhaustive and we certainly will explore more on this topic in our up-coming blogs:
- Healing of wounds (cuts and abrasion),
- Treating of burns,
- Used for skincare such as eczema and dermatitis,
- Soothing of cough or sore throat,
- Good for Digestive Health when taken regularly.
- Help prevent inflammation in the esophagus caused by radiation and chemotherapy used for cancer
How to Choose Manuka Honey
When choosing Manuka Honey, one needs to bear in mind the following:
- Country of Origin,
- Processing of Manuka Honey needs to be according to locally recognized standards,
- The different gradings, such as the Unique Manuka Factor (UMF) or Methylglyoxal (MGO). This applies if you are looking for Manuka honey that is more potent (or “active”)
For more information of how to choose Manuka Honey, you may refer to this article.
LEAVE A REPLY
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *